Friday, September 12, 2008

What would you do if you only had 1 year left to live?


I don't know if you find this question as interesting as I do... I guess, for some, it might drum up the same feelings as the question: "how would you live if you had no fear?" For others, it might not be interesting at all because it would simply be a recipe to spend every dime, cheat on their spouse, run with the bulls, climb a mountain, etc.


No matter, someone posed that question to me earlier today and after I got past the morbid aspects of this question and the fear of "putting the thought out in the universe," I thought about what it would mean and what an interesting exercise this might be. Would this push me to have a sense of urgency about some of my dreams? Would this push me to have a sense of urgency about my relationships? Would this make me say and do things I would not do or say if I believe I have a lifetime to take care of business? Would this sense of urgency cause my tolerance for BS to dwindle to 0? Would I try to take immaculate care of myself? Would I try to make up for last time and would I become much more conscious of the passage of time?

OR.... would I just let time pass as it has- taking each moment as it comes without connecting one moment to the next?


I think I want to engage in this exercise and I'd like to document the experience here.. It is late and I am tired. However, tonight, I am going to think about the "ground rules" for this exercise and I am going to begin tommorow, 9/13/08.


No comments:

Nasty Girls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSE3ODCtmU8
blogarama - the blog directory